话说。。
这是在ebay上正在拍卖的一件婚纱…..
婚纱有个心碎的描述。。 。
是这么写的。。。
I was supposed to be worn at City Hall in New York.
”我本来是要被穿上走进纽约市政厅的。。。“
I was going to be the main attraction of a 60s wedding theme.
”我本来会是一场60年代主题婚礼上的焦点。。。。”
I was going to be low-key, but elegant (I still am, for that matter).
”我原本低调… 但优雅一生…“
I was going to complement a 60s updo, nude courts and a bouquet of Lily of the Valley.
”我本来要被配上一个60年代的环境,场地和百合的捧花”
When my owner put on a dress just like me in Selfridges, she knew I was the one so she ordered me online and had me delivered to her husband-to-be in Brooklyn.
“当我的主人在selfridges穿上我的时候.. 她知道我就是她需要的那条裙子… 于是她从网上下订单,寄给了她远在美国布鲁克林的未婚夫…”
I’m not over the top, nor am I too dressed down, and she thought she could perhaps wear me to other occasions in the future.
”我既不是一件上衣,也不是一条及地长裙,原本她认为她以后在别的场合也可以穿我“
She thought I was a dress she could look back on and smile, not cringe at fashion faux pas (she was right).
”她认为我是一条她今后看到就能带着笑容回忆的裙子..而不是一件撞衫货…”
When I arrived, she kept me sealed in my box so nothing could ruin me.
”当我寄到的时候,她一直把我放在盒子里… “
Then they split up.
”然后他们分手了。。 “
And she kept me in the box.
”她还是把我放在盒子里。。“
Because she couldn’t bear to look at me.
”她再也无法忍受多看我一眼。。“
I am a constant reminder to her of what could have been.
”我让她不断的追忆她现在原本能过的时光。。“
So she wants to sell me.
”所以她想把我卖了。。“
Not necessarily to a bride, but to anyone looking to give me the home I deserve.
”新的主人不必是一个新娘,但务必给我一个善待我的新家“
A home where I’ll get worn and admired and dry-cleaned (as and when necessary).
”一个能让我被华丽的穿起,被人羡慕的新家“
She can’t take me back to DVF because they no longer stock me.
”她没法把我退回DVF(这个牌子) 因为他们早就没货了“
I’m limited edition, if you like.
”我是限量版。。如果你欣赏的话“
And the first time I have been taken out of my box is for these photos.
”我第一次被拿出盒子,正是为了拍下这张照片。。“
Because who’s going to buy a dress based on a picture of a box?
”不然谁会只看一个盒子就买一条裙子呢。。“
I can’t wait to be worn by you.
”我已经迫不及待的被你穿起。。。。“
Love,
Zarita (in Ivory).
爱你的.象牙色.Zarita…
xx